*** Northampton IT Services does not support the use of 3rd party mail clients such as Thunderbird - Use at your own risk ***
If you cannot send or receive emails, or you need to reset your Thunderbird password please follow below:
1. Click the "hamburger" menu at the upper right, select OPTIONS, then OPTIONS
2. In the popup window, select
A - Security
B - Passwords tab
C - Saved Passwords
D - Remove all
After removing all passwords please close Thunderbird and log in with your gmail credentails when prompted
Please note: You may be required to validate your identity by providing a cell # to receive a text confirmation code
If the above instructions do not work you may have to delete your account and re-add.
- Doing so will force Thunderbird to re-download all of your emails which may take a few hours to complete.
To delete and re-add your account:
1. Click the "hamburger" menu at the upper right, select OPTIONS, then ACCOUNT SETTINGS
2. Click ACCOUNT ACTIONS at the bottom left, select REMOVE ACCOUNT
3. After the account is removed (this may take a few minutes) close Thunderbird and re-open. Follow the account setup steps.